1. Renewable energies:
- The development of new technologies and design of systems capable of integrating, even on a large scale, energy production plants from different renewable sources, or even production plants with end users, with a view to self-consumption (e.g. Building integrated photovoltaics - BIPV).
- The development of the recycling chain (e.g. of solar panel materials).
- The simultaneous deployment of hydrogen production, distribution, and use infrastructure (including significant fleets of hydrogen-powered vehicles1).
- The transition from grey H2 to green and blue H2 (development of efficient green or blue hydrogen production systems capable of delivering volumes suitable for energy uses).
- The upgrading of biogas to bio-methane and the capture and use of CO2.
- The integration of hydrogen in gas networks as an alternative or complementary energy carrier to natural gas (fuel flexibility concept) for the decarbonisation of energy-hungry industrial processes and in heavy mobility by road, rail, ship and air, as well as for all end uses (including power generation).
- The development of hydrogen storage systems (chemical, geological or in cylinders) to improve their efficiency and safety.
- The use of hydrogen in electric smart grids, as an energy carrier to store energy surpluses in favor of an integrated and flexible system of various energy carriers.
- The development of technical regulations for a more effective and safe exploitation of hydrogen as an energy carrier.
3. Smart Grids:
- To promote the strengthening and digitalization of the electricity distribution network (from a Smart Grid perspective) necessary to achieve the 2030 energy transition objectives set out in the PNIEC, aimed at enabling the connection of a greater number of RES plants and encouraging the electrification of consumption.
- Encourage the development of innovative pilot projects aimed at promoting new concepts of advanced management of the electricity distribution network.
- The introduction of multi-energy systems (power-to-heat, power-to-gas, vehicle-to-grid) that leverage the flexibility of other energy carriers (thermal, gas, and mobility) to increase the flexibility and security of the electric system.
- The launch of energy communities that optimize the use of renewable energy resources at the local level.
- The integration of electrical technologies with those of information and communication, with a view to the Smart City and Smart Metering (remote control of energy, gas, electricity and water distribution).
- The use of consumer proactivity (from consumer to prosumer).
- The increase in efficiency, transparency and effectiveness of energy systems, through optimal management of existing systems.
- The increased use of home automation.
- The massive introduction of efficient lighting and electric mobility infrastructure.
- The launch of a supply chain of services to the production of new generation batteries, through the development of laboratories with a high degree of automation, capable of making and characterizing electrochemical cells of various characteristics and sizes (up to pre-industrial pilot scale), implementing innovative diagnostic and control systems and testing the efficiency and safety of modules and complete systems.
- The enhancement of domestic self-consumption and other sectors.
- The development of the recycling chain (including material and metal recovery) and the second life of batteries.
5. Maintenance and Repowering:
- The maintenance and repowering of existing renewable energy facilities with a focus on Extended Life Time.
- The development of new biofuel applications.
- Accelerate the development and expand the field of application of new renewable energy technologies in the Lombardy region, encouraging the emergence of integrated, multidisciplinary projects and the dissemination of case studies.
- Promote the development of the entire hydrogen supply chain, from the production of green and blue H2, or bio-methane from CO2 conversion, to the distribution and use of natural gas and hydrogen mixtures, up to storage in geological reservoirs, in cylinders, or in high-density chemical carriers.
- Implementing innovative technologies and devices on the electrical distribution network aimed at its advanced control in a Smart perspective, to facilitate the energy transition.
- Encourage the development of multi-energy systems, capable of integrating multiple energy carriers, in order to provide low-cost flexibility tools to the power grid and allowing, therefore, a greater penetration of renewable sources not programmable on the same.
- Encourage the formation of self-sufficient energy communities, domestic self-consumption and, in general, the pro-activity of consumers, including through the spread of photovoltaic systems.
- Encourage the integration of energy networks with those of information and communication, through an increasing use of home automation and intelligent management and control systems.
- The development of the battery value chain, from the launch of services related to the production and characterization of cells, modules and complete systems, to the strengthening of the recycling and second-life chain.
- Encourage the creation of virtuous eco-regions that aim to reduce energy consumption and promote the transition to a circular economy model based on industrial symbiosis.
- Carry out actions to raise awareness and training for SMEs in the sectors concerned.
- Encourage and support the design of demonstrative and integrated interventions between industry, research and public administration within the smart grid, for example to spread the culture of "maintenance and repowering" of plants with a focus on the extension of the life cycle of products (Extended Life Time).
Claudia Mensi di A2A Ambiente SpA e Maria Luisa Volta dell’Università di Brescia concludono l’evento focalizzandosi… https://t.co/Fe0fA8Coed
Quali sono gli impatti dei #fanghididepurazione su acqua, aria e territorio? Ce ne parlano Paolo Lopinto di TCR Tec… https://t.co/VJk7DyetG4
Sergio Scotti di A2A Ambiente SpA, Stefano Tani di MM SpA e Enrico Mariani di BrianzAcque Srl animano la tavola rot… https://t.co/ej9Z2gSF2n