L.E.A.P. - Laboratorio Energia & Ambiente Piacenza (Energy and Environment Laboratory Piacenza) - is a specialized laboratory in the field of highly efficient, low environmental impact energy technology.
Laboratorio Energia & Ambiente Piacenza was set up in May 2005 at Piacenza by the Piacenza Site of Milan Polytechnic, and is one of the Emilia Romagna Region’s High Technology Network laboratories. The members of the Consortium are: Politecnico di Milano, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Comune di Piacenza, Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Handicraft and Agriculture of Piacenza, Fondazione di Piacenza e Vigevano, A2A S.p.A, ANTAS S.r.l., IrenAmbiente S.p.A., Unical AG S.p.A..
LEAP s.c.a r.l. aims to:
- carry out research and technical and scientific consultancy for both private industry and state bodies operating in the energy-environment field;
- promote and sustain increased cooperation between universities and industry, especially by providing the following services:
- consultancy, feasibility studies, technological check-ups
- tests and certification of equipment, components and systems for energy production and the limitation of their environmental impact
- training courses
- promote cooperation with firms and public bodies in the Piacenza area and the Region of Emilia Romagna, in order to favour the development of innovative solutions, increasing their competitiveness in the energy sector at national and international level.
The Laboratory now works in the energy-environment field, carrying out the following activities:
- model-based and experimental evaluation of the performance of components and systems for energy production;
- evaluation and measurement of emissions from energy-producing plant, especially fine and ultra-fine dust;
- analysis and testing of CCS (Carbon Capture & Storage) systems;
- feasibility and analysis of the life cycle of technologies for recovery of energy and material from waste;
- production of electricity or fuel from biomass;
- biomass production potential;
- analysis and testing of components for new-generation nuclear power plant;
- simulation and evaluation of performances of technologies for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions;
- technologies for renewable energy: photovoltaic solar panels, thermal solar panels, wind energy.
Certificates / qualifications
- ISO 9001: 2015
- ISO-IEC 1725: 2018
Workshop online su "Energy Storage per le Reti Elettriche" organizzato dal #ClustER_Greentech dell'Emilia-Romagna n… https://t.co/Ru0v7liFGQ