Lombardy Energy Cleantech Cluster, with the technical support of TURBODEN, is now part of the new partnership for the thematic area Geothermal Energy 2.0, within the Smart Specialisation Platform S3, the European platform that aims to assist regions and Member States in developing, implementing and reviewing regional smart specialisation strategies
New challenges have emerged for the geothermal sector, adding to those already existing and related to technological competitiveness. Currently, a further expansion of this market is indeed limited by some social and environmental concerns, often closely linked to technological constraints. In order to overcome these problems, but also to expand the use of geothermal energy and increase the use of the heat of the Earth, both for electricity and direct uses, a new model of governance respecting territories and improving sustainable development is necessary.
LE2C and Turboden, in support of the Lombardy Region, will promote interregional cooperation within Geothermal Energy 2.0 to share, experiment and develop with other members new solutions that can help overcome existing gaps and concerns. The partner Regions are all engaged in projects and investments in geothermal technologies.
Are you interested in this topic and want to be involved in the Working Group? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
20 June 2019, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Workshop "Geothermal Energy: The Regional Approach - information, inspiration and activation in the field of geothermal energy", Bruxelles.
The workshop aims to create awareness of the maturation of geothermal energy and its value in inaugurating a clean and sustainable energy future, highlighting the environmental, financial and technical challenges and the relative progress in the exploitation of this natural resource. Recent developments in the identification of these challenges and their solutions, undertaken in the framework of several European funded projects on geothermal energy, will be presented.
- Welcome by the organisers
- Key note speeches:
- Ms Paula Abreu Marques, Head of Unit in charge of Renewables, the European Commission
- Mr Philippe Dumas, Secretary General, European Geothermal Energy Council
- Thematic sessions with the participation of business and academic experts, focusing on:
- European Union policy about Geothermal energy, focus on Horizon Europe & best practices
- Geothermal energy and society
- Geothermal according to industrial perspective
- Roundtable “Geothermal energy according to Companies’ perception”
- Plenary feedbacks and conclusions followed by a networking lunch
The event is free of charge, registrations at this LINK
📣Il webinar "Le applicazioni dell'#idrogeno e gli scenari futuri"💻si terrà il 22 aprile📅Non perderti l'intervento d… https://t.co/4u3I9TAPQX