Led by Scottish Enterprise, the project has 8 partners from five European countries: Scottish Enterprise (Scotland, UK), the University of Edinburgh (Scotland, UK), Sirris (Belgium), Aster (Italy), Swedish Maritime Technology Forum (Sweden), Lombardy Energy Cleantech Cluster (Italy), Basque Energy Cluster (Spain), Asturian Energy Foundation (Spain). LE2C is responsible for a project focusing on communication and dissemination and takes an active role in all of the project’s activities and initiatives.
NeSSIE’s aim is to devise three pilot projects, or demo-cases, with the objective of identifying new materials and industrially advanced technologic solutions to be tested in the North Sea. These projects should be capable of tackling the problem of corrosion by increasing the competitiveness of offshore renewable energy sources through a containment of the Levelized Cost of Electricity.
If you are involved in producing technology or materials designed to fight corrosion in sea industries or work in renewable energies of the oil and gas sectors and you’d be interested in tackling the tech and market challenges in these sectors, please get in touch and you may be able to get involved in activities including B2B events with other companies in your sector.
Contact us by writing to email@example.com
News from NeSSIE:
- 04 February 2019: Register to the NeSSIE event and final workshop in Brussels (BE) - "Developing Demonstration Projects: Corrosion Prevention for Offshore Renewables"
- 01 February 2019: Register to the NeSSIE workshop "Offshore Renewable Energy innovative solutions for operation and maintenance" in Ravenna (IT)
- 19 November 2018: "Taming NeSSIE" Conference in Glasgow: Registrations are now open!
- 05 November 2018: Register to the NeSSIE Webinar of 13 November 2018 on Competition Stage 2
- 31 October 2018: NeSSIE Competition - Stage 2 Launched today - Invitation open to offshore renewable supply chain companies
- 06 June 2018: NeSSIE Competition Stage 1 is now open! Delivering Investable Demonstration Projects in Offshore Renewables
- 05 February 2018: Published the first two Reports of the NeSSIE Project
- 12 June 2018: NeSSIE Project starts its path
- 03 May 2017: LE2C takes part in the NeSSIE European Project